Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any bow makers here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Bow Making Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SooT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomigv wrote:
I would not take a class with lynn, she/s dishonest and ripped me off on a double bass underslide jig many years ago. She also spoon feeds students . Look elsewhere for honest folks , her prices for bowmaking tools are too $$$ you can find better deals elsewhere ,been there done that. I have taken many bowmaking courses, most of the instructors are snooty an uptight. Find a friendly , reliable bowmaker you can learn from. Also most folks in the class never go on to become bowmakers. My 2 cents.

I have to disagree with your assessment of Lynn Hannings and her students. Steve DeCoux studied bow making with Lynn and has gone on to be an excellent bow maker, even gets honorable mention at the VSA competitions. Also another former student of Lynn's is Vito Vissicaro another excellent bow maker. How do I know, because we own bows by both of these bow makers.

Lynn is not dishonest, we have purchased items from her for years now. My daughter has some learning disabilities and Lynn has been wonderfully supportive of her since her first class 6 years ago.
Chet Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn Hannings is an excellent instructor. I have only had one of her classes (then in N. CA), but would attend another without hesitation, except for the distance, since it is now 1000 miles away for me to attend the workshop in Claremont.

She was knowledgeable, friendly, did not waste class-time reciting her laurels, taught good, solid skills, and was completely kind to each student, regardless of the individual skill-level.

"I have taken many bowmaking courses, most of the instructors are snooty an uptight."

Pretty easy to see what the common factor really was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Bow Making Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: