Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Displaying photos on forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Making and Restoration Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemuel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Displaying photos on forum Reply with quote

This post is for those new to the forum, and would like to show photo images in their posts.

In this version of the forum, there's no way to directly upload images to the forum. Therefore another image hosting website such as Flickr is required. If you know the exact URL (http:// address) of where the photos are, you can surround the URL with a pair of image tags as follows:

[img]URL of photo[/img]

However the URLs of photos uploaded on image hosting websites such as Flickr is not obvious. The following photos illustrate how to display images on this forum using Flickr.

Step 1

Assuming you have successfully uploaded your image on Flickr, your screen should be similar to the one shown below. If not, then on Flickr, click on your image.

Notice right on top of the image are several square like icons in a row. Click on the down arrow as shown below, and you will see a pull down box showing the BBCode that you are going to copy.

Step 2

Below the block of code, choose the size of your photo, and make sure to select BBCode if isn't already, as shown in the photo below.

Step 3

Next, place your cursor in the code box, and you should see the entire code automatically selected, as shown in the next photo. Using your keyboard, press and hold the control key, then press "C" to copy the code.

Step 4

Now, back at this forum when you open a new post, place your cursor in the text box, and press and hold the control key, then press "V" to paste. This will paste the block of code, as shown in the last photo below.

You'll also see in the photo that only the highlighted (yellow) code is the minimum needed to display the photo (i.e. the Flickr image path between the [img][/img] tags). You may delete the rest of the code.

Last edited by Lemuel on Mon May 16, 2011 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dave Chandler

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Posting photos Reply with quote

Lemual,

I would modify instructions regarding use of control key and the C or V, to state that these keys must be pressed simultaneously. I don't think one after the other will work. Maybe more exactly "Press and hold the control key, then press the "C" to copy" or words to that effect.

Nice work on this by the way. YOu know your way around!

Dave

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm" Winston Churchill

"I took the road less travelled, and now I don't know where I am." Marco Polo

Last edited by Dave Chandler on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lemuel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting photos Reply with quote

Yes, Dave,

That's a very good point. Thanks for pointing it out.
DonLeister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another way to get pictures onto your replies, a brief desription of what I do.

About posting images here, set up a free account at 'Imageshack', download or phone my images to it. Beside each thumbnail is a 'share' icon, press that and I get several choices of urls. I copy the one that says 'direct' and paste it into my reply here, after clicking on the Img box that you see above your reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Making and Restoration Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: