Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

left hand hold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leehai1980

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: left hand hold Reply with quote

need some help on violin left hand position . As i am facing problem , again , with my left hand position . i find that my left hand fingers are all high up on the fingerboard as a result im facing a problem of doing double stops . Also my violin neck is rested on my left hand thumb , between the first and second joint from the nail , and i find that my neck keep dropping into the second joint . as a result i need to keep re adjusting the position back .

i will really be grateful if there anyone can help me with it .

btw my left hand position similar to lemuel and anton polezhayev .
KrisonStrings

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your thumb should be flush against the rest of your hand and you shouldn't be able to see any holes, totally closed up. If the fingerboard is still slipping through try this excersize. Put your hand into the position it is supposed to be and rest it on an armrest or counter. Grab a pen or pencil and put it where the fingerboard would go. Increase the force of the pen into your thumb/hand. If it slips then think about which muscles in your thumb/hand need to push up against the pen more and retry. This is a good excercise to do what at work or waiting for something.

See below for an example of myself playing a double-stop heavy piece. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWGLb57zbz8

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: