Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saint Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi. I just recently joined this forum site. Man, the registration was pretty tight. Haha. Just kidding, I completely understand.

Anyway, my name is Ghost, and I am planning to take up a violin class in a few weeks. I am in between excited and nervous. Excited because I finally get to do something I've been wanting to do since.. 3 years ago, I think? Nervous because I've had an accident that caused my left wrist to be incompletely rotatable. I hope that this injury wont prove future hardships if I were to really take-up violin. Fun fact: I am a right-y.

And lastly, I joined this website because not only people on here are respectful but some really know their violin-related-stuff. I will try my best to contribute to this site and that I look forward to learn a thing or two from other people on here. Cheers.
Lemuel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

We just try to keep the forum from spammers and unnecessary solicitation.
Glad to here you are interested in the violin, and I look forward to hearing
from you in the future.

Hope you get well soon.

Regards,
Lemuel
ctviolin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello Reply with quote

Saint Ghost wrote:

Nervous because I've had an accident that caused my left wrist to be incompletely rotatable. I hope that this injury wont prove future hardships if I were to really take-up violin. Fun fact: I am a right-y.

And lastly, I joined this website because not only people on here are respectful but some really know their violin-related-stuff. I will try my best to contribute to this site and that I look forward to learn a thing or two from other people on here. Cheers.

Hey Ghost!
Good to hear from you.
Thanks for your post.
That excitement is what you hold on to and use.
The injury? Hah! I promise you, you're stronger than ANY physical debilitation...

I don't want to get into it all over again, but - I'd be in a position to know. Believe me, you just don't let the (any) physical shortcoming get in your way and dictate what you can and cannot accomplish. Only quit if YOU loose the desire to do this. If you're young, this may not suit you. Then quit.
But don't let something, anything, (a physical problem?) abstract your interest, from what you really want to accomplish, OK?

I say;
Go for it Ghost! Go ahead, I dare ya. Learn to play the violin.
If you do, and if you stay here and continue to post, keep me (us) appraised of your progress, cool?
ollieken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Ghost Reply with quote

C. T Good advice for the Ghost make your dream come true .
don't know if you seen this or not Ken

one arm fiddler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RDSYmqC5XznEw&v=SYmqC5XznEw
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: