Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jzbosco

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm JZ. I'm from SW Ohio. I'm an artist by formal training and have become interested in violins, making/playing a violin. I rebuilt a wooden case for my Uncle's violin(from the 30s) quite a few years back. I had a luthier setup the bridge and strings for that violin. The project was a Christmas present to my mother.

Fast forward a number of years, I found the violin in the back of a closet. The back was separating in a few spots so I looked into how to glue it back together. After a lot of research, I realized it needs much more work. It probably isn't a high dollar violin but it does have sentimental value. After checking with a luthier some distance away, and finding out it costs a small fortune to fix, I decided to learn more about repairing and building violins so I can do the work myself. I've been looking into that for a few months and am ready to get my feet wet. I know it won't be easy, but if I wanted easy I'd sip tea on my back porch.

Anyway, if the repairs on the violin turns out well, I will begin a journey into building one. Like this one:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: