Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well, whatever.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonLeister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good to hear!
ctviolin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonLeister wrote:
That's good to hear!

well Don, I feel like it's been, a lifetime that I've been doing this. Well, at least making violins, that is. And, I have, fairly recently quit with the violin making it's self… and have moved on to making bows.
I traveled down that violin making road until, at the end, I feel like – well – I feel like, I went down it as far as I could have. It is a road that never ends, after all. Like many roads, that we travel. making violins, sounds kind of silly, doesn't it?

I cannot say that I have regretted anything along this road. From the making, to the judging.

But, then again, I only took on this occupation after being diagnosed with chronic kidney failure, where and when I was a successful, working, graphic artist. after which, the dialysis started. Shortly after, Hah! making violins…

In any case, my thanks.
CT
Mat Roop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear from you CT.... love reading your insights!
Hoping your health holds out for a looong time yet!
Cheers, Mat
ctviolin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mat Roop wrote:
Great to hear from you CT.... love reading your insights!
Hoping your health holds out for a looong time yet!
Cheers, Mat

ok - just checking in.
I'm still doing well, I am writing quite a bit lately, (thirty two chapters on my book "Science versus Religion" no longer making, either violins or bows... Not because I am no longer interested - but simply because I'm loosing my dexterity. My hands seem to not do what I'm asking them to do!
ach!
age!
Do anything you'd like to do - but I recommend not getting any older. That, is, if you can possibly help it!

Love you all, and thank you all for joining in on my threads and discussions.

Your friend,
CT
ctviolin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone out there?

I'm still here, waiting for somebody to post something, whereby I can respond in my usual obnoxious, self righteous tone...

Please do not disappoint me.

One large (and well practiced) PITA...
ctviolin
ollieken

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Ct Violin Reply with quote

Hello Craig . I was just going to ask as I have not seen a post for a while from you . For that matter not many posting on this site for a while .
Hope all is ok with your eye`s I read a post that you were going to have some work done . I just started to do up a fiddle don't know when I will get it done mind is willing but the body is not up to it . Ken
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ctviolin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

I'm back to seeing (fairly well, too) once again, as I've had two eye surgeries recently. I've gotten glass lenses implanted in my eyeballs in place of the fogged up natural lenses... that were there. - what are they called? Well, if my brain still worked I'd remember...

I still wear glasses to be able to have far-sight. And close up vision depends on holding what I'm working at a very specific distance from my eyes. But what the hay. Better that than the alternative - right?

I've spent most of my recent time writing. Science vs. Religion. I'm finding that I can still devote most of my time to doing what I want to do - though - I'm not much of a violin maker anymore (oh well) and have also had to give up making the bows. I've been on dialysis now for 33 years and have recently taken myself off of most all of the drugs I've been taking for decades.

How damned refreshing to be able to (well, almost be able to) think once again...

Tell me my friend -how art thou?

Your friend,
ct
ollieken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: hello craig Reply with quote

Hello Craig Glad to hear from you again & that your eye surgery went ok .& you have good vision again .
33 years on Dialysis is a long time you must be tough along with your other health issues .
As for me I still have the temporary hip joint the was to be replaced in six weeks that was five years ago
Last march .
I think it will be there when the grim reaper comes along hope he likes it !!.
76 now & the thing I Hear not to worry about getting old as it don’t last long .
Oh well Craig We had curly Hair & good looks when we needed them Ken
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ctviolin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: hello craig Reply with quote

ollieken wrote:

Oh well Craig We had curly Hair & good looks when we needed them Ken

Guffaw!

Yes, I remember those days.

ct
ctviolin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm here living and writing, but not making much of anything these days. I have been dealing with some of the excesses that go along with being a "medical object" of sorts for some years.
Since this category is " Everything Else" I believe that I will 'flap my jib for a while...' regarding what it is I am currently doing.

Just for the fun of it' I would sort of like to know who's here?
I do know that there are some regulars posting (Mr. Darnton?) and I will readily admit to not really posting anywhere, anymore, for some consecutive months or years.

I am re-setting my shop up, to restart woodworking, once again, and plan to finish off the last violin I started some years back. I have taken myself off of the many drugs I have been on for the past few years, and find that behind the facade that the drugs provided me (as well as all of the benefit they provided, for, at the time I needed them, I really did NEED them.)

So- that's about it.
Should I bother posting any of this here? Anyone else out there interested in starting up and/or joining a new conversation?

Ollieken - ?
ctviolin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or starting a new (building) project?
ctviolin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctviolin wrote:
(as well as all of the benefit they provided, for, at the time I needed them, I really did NEED them.)

Thirty three years on dialysis...
Drugs helped.
But finally getting off of them? - what a trip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: