Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Bass Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Double Bass Making Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
okawbow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking bass! I like the color a lot. Too many basses are too dark.
Chet Bishop

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: The bass Reply with quote

The bass sings well across all five strings. There are some bugs to work out: I did not use strong enough magnets to hold the side port closed, so it is barely staying in place. Sad

I see some spots where the varnish is pretty rough, so I will have to sand those places smooth and retouch them as needed.

Annnd, a travel bass is pretty useless without a travel CASE...a custom trunk is what is needed and I have begun that project, but it is far from finished.

I did make a floor-stand for the bass, heavy enough that it will not be accidentally knocked over.

Mike Shuman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: New Bass Project Reply with quote

Chet Bishop wrote:
I have received so much positive feedback on the first bass that I have jumped in on the deep end, and bought wood for two more basses. Smile

Both sets are highly flamed maple (Bigleaf)... I hope I can do it justice.

I will keep the forum posted as to my progress. It will almost certanly be slow, but I hope it will progress more rapidly than the first one did.

Chet

Mr. Bishop! Hello my name is Michael. The reason I'm writing to you is that my older brother wants to make his own guitar but the problem is to find shops with woods for musical instruments. We tried to find them on internet but results were only about simple wood pieces for furniture and stuff. Can you send me some links on them please and is there any difference of wood for violins and guitars?

Thank you very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Double Bass Making Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: