Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latex tube Bow Grip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Cadd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:37 pm    Post subject: Latex tube Bow Grip Reply with quote

When I was ten ,my teacher handed me his Gagliano violin and his bow to see how I played them .The bow distracted me when I felt the soft sticky bow grip .I always remember that . I have used harder black rubber grips but always thought they should be soft and sticky . This week I ordered some natural Latex rubber tubing to try that out . I saw a complaint about Latex paint being sticky and that pleased me. I think I am on the right track . The Latex is most likely to wear out quicker but it`s so cheap it`s not a problem . I will cut pieces off a one metre strip as an experiment . I have seen something similar on Itzak Perman`s bow . Worth a try .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: