Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for violin music sheets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohammedderhalli

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: looking for violin music sheets Reply with quote

Hi everyone

My name is Mohammed Iqbal from Jordan. I hope you accept me in this this forum.

I am a pianist. You might find this strange. But don't rush the answer will come soon. Smile

You know the virtuoso violinist Paganini. This violinist wrote some musical pieces for a single violin. I think you may guess what I mean, the 24 caprices. Franz Liszt is a pianist. Liszt chose some of these caprices and transcribed them to piano producing the 6 Grand Etudes aftre Paganini.

I want to do thae same. I want music sheets for solo voilin piseces. I prefer the romantic period.

Can you help??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gantafistor

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mohammed,

To answer you sincerely, Paganini's caprices and compositions are like the top of Romantic Period and I know well the adaptation he made. But, it will be harder to find others "violin only" composers but theres some interesting like Karol Lipinski, some pieces of Joachim or even Henri Vieuxtemps (which had written some caprices too). I cannot provide you the scores but you will find it surely at IMSLP which will be online the 1st july or you just have to buy it (whose are better choice).

So good luck with your project

Ganta
http://imslp.wikidot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: