Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good play-along CDs for standard violin repertoire?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kreisleriana

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Good play-along CDs for standard violin repertoire? Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

does anybody know where these can be found? I find the ones on [url]www.musicminusone.com[/url] very good, but they usually come only in one version/tempo. On [url]www.en-accompagnant.de[/url] they also have very good releases (in as much as 6 tempi/versions), but at the moment only for two pieces (Bach No.1 and Brahms No.1). I am specifically looking for Brahms' violin sonata no.3, op.108 (D minor), but would be thankful for any other general information as well.
Becky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out SmartMusic. It has a huge database of songs for every instrument. You use it with your computer. The "sheet" music is on the screen and it will turn pages for you. It can play just the accompaniment for you, or the full piece. You pick the tempo. You play with a mic and after you're done, you can look back and get tips on where to improve because it marks the notes with your accuracy with intonation and rhythm. In addition to solo pieces, it also has many method books (e.g. Suzuki, Essentials for Strings, etc.) You have to buy a subscription to use it, but I think you can do a free download and explore the database without paying.
kreisleriana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the suggestion. I' ll check the website as soon as I am back from vacation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: