Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beware!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jessi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Beware! Reply with quote

I live in Arizona and went to this music shop in the west valley and found this beautiful (to me) violin for only $125. I looked inside and was very surprised and delighted to see it was made in Illinois or Indiana. I can't remember which one now. Anyway, the two ladies there asked if I wanted them to clean it and put on new strings. I agreed. They said it would take a few weeks since they were backed up with work.

I went back about 3 weeks later to pick it up.....it was not the same violin. They took the one that was made here in the States and switched it with one from China and argued with me that it was the same instrument I agreed to buy!!!!

I know there's nothing I can do since I didn't take any pics of the violin or the stamp inside so I'd have something to show that this violin they were trying to pawn on me was NOT the same as what I originally purchased. I just wanted to warn people this can and does happen. Be careful very careful when you're out looking for and buying new instruments !! I don't know what the original instrument I wanted was worth, but apparently it's worth a lot 'cause it was not beneath those two ladies to lie and cheat me out of mine!! Evil or Very Mad
kreisleriana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A God damn' nigthmare. No chance [b]at all[/b] of proving it is not the same instrument?
Dave Chandler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Beware Reply with quote

If you paid for it already, what does the receipt say? I would think if they have any credibility at all, they would give you your money back and let it go at that.

If you're really sure that they have switched the violin, make a report to the local better business bureau. Sometimes they'll interecede to help make it right as well, or at least help work out a solution where everyone is OK.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm" Winston Churchill

"I took the road less travelled, and now I don't know where I am." Marco Polo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mshikibu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally, if you have an attorney write them a letter, it will resolve the issue. The BBB report and the police report, should follow (and be suggested in the letter).

Shocking that someone would be so dishonest.

If you have a law school anywhere near where you are, most law schools have a free legal clinic, with law students supervisored by the law professors -- and thus you get the best legal work in the area, as a rule. And it's free. I'd try that if you don't want to pay an attorney.

Good luck! (sheesh)..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: