Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beautiful 3/4 Hausmann FS/FT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ESLyon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Beautiful 3/4 Hausmann FS/FT Reply with quote

I have here a beautiful 3/4 size 1995 Ottomar Hausmann violin. I was purchased 8-10 years ago new from Draisen Edwards Music for $2200 US. This violin is great for the young musician who has lots of talent and needs a great quality instrument to play with before they grow large enough to play a full size. I used this instrument when I was much younger playing in a youth symphony and a string quartet, shortly after the purchase my teacher moved to Germany, and so I eventually stopped playing (to my everlasting regret). Now several years later I am looking to get back into playing but I need a full size violin, looking to trade or sell. I am having trouble with the local market so I thought I'd give it a shot here.

It was purchased with an Erich Steiner bow, which is a decent bow, not the greatest but passable. The bow is usable as-is but there are several loose hairs and it may need to be re-haired. The case is actually a full size case with inserts to make it fit the 3/4 size. The inside of the case is in superb condition, but the outside has seen better days. The case was bought used but it serves its purpose well. The Hausmann violin is in wonderful condition, I took great care of it when I played it and it has been taken out of storage every few months and tuned and played. I can take more pictures of any parts of the violin, bow, or case upon request.
ESLyon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things I failed to mention:

There are two Hausmann symbols burned into the wood, one is pictured, and the other is marked just above the end pin at the bottom of the violin.

The two labels inside the violin go as follows:
1. Ottomar Hausmann / Mittenwald 1995
2. (Hausmann symbol) / some kinda signature I can't read / Zertifikat no. 68
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Classifieds All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: