Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Song" v. work, or piece, etc., Does this bother y
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amalia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to worry about my youngest son, he is 9yo so he's not that small. And the dog in question is a "goldendoodle". That is, he is half golden retriever and half standard poodle. Not a mean bone in his body. Very sweet and fun. He is still a puppy and is indeed huge, but I used to show dogs in obedience so he's getting some good training from me.

Speaking of animals and music. We also have 3 cats and everytime I pick up my violin, they all turn up within minutes to curl up and listen in. LOL!
John Cadd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One for Amalia to use at the next Christmas quiz or Scrabble game.On Countdown ,the tv word game, a new breed of dog ,a cross between a cocker spaniel and a poodle ---a Cockapoo. Not kidding!
John Cadd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In contrast to a Molto Serioso backdrop to this , why to we refer to a "singing " tone ? Why do we all "play" a "work". Why does a player have a "Heavenly" tone with an instrument so closely allied in it`s mystique with the Devil. [Devil`s Trill, In league with the devil,(Paganini) Devilish skill. The devil has all the best tunes.The violin is the most Hellish device ever designed by the mind of Man.( Ricci ) ].
There was a reference to playing a violin in a praise band.The word band has always jarred with me. The idea of "praise band" with violin seemed to be an odd conjunction.This was a subconscious feeling that surprised me.But I still found it interesting.
If you like the Italian phrase --what about the line in the Jack Nicholson film?--"-Hey you`re in America now---Speak Spanish".
What`s Spanish for Giocosso ?
Ave Maria fans ------Don`t spoil my theme will you? (Giocosso).
Amalia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estoy de acuerdo. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: