Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electric violin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meehans4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Electric violin Reply with quote

Hello! I have played the violin for 26 years now and am looking to purchase an electric violin, just to change things up a bit. I will mostly use this instrument to play at church. I am wondering if anyone has a great recommendation for an electric, four string violin at or under $500. I know that you get what you pay for, but I just spent quite a bit on a violin for me and just can't afford to invest much in an electric. Also, I'm not even sure I'll like it! Any words of wisdom there? Has anyone tried it and hated it/loved it? I'm really looking for any information here.

Thanks so much!
Jack H.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for less than $500 you can have top of the line electric bridge by L.R.Baggs installed on your acoustic.
I have done many of these and find the sound to be fantastic, a full amplified accosutic sound ( that you can do what you want to once it leaves the violin...).
It is a top quality bridge too that does not hamper one bit the performance of the violin in th eunamplified state.
Just something to think about...

Go to the local music store and try a few electrics out to see what is what.

Sorry for no first hand experience advice on the solid body electric.

Jack H
peterfret

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: I do not play my old classic violin ... Reply with quote

I do not play my old classic violin from time I have the electric one.
Be sure that electric violin is only first thing you will have to buy, next one will be guitar combo with reverb or digital effect with reverb, but you will not regret it. Nice electric violin performances you can see on http://e-violins.com/blog.aspx. There are also sample sounds there.
matveimediaarts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric violin Reply with quote

meehans4 wrote:
Hello! I have played the violin for 26 years now and am looking to purchase an electric violin, just to change things up a bit. I will mostly use this instrument to play at church. I am wondering if anyone has a great recommendation for an electric, four string violin at or under $500. I know that you get what you pay for, but I just spent quite a bit on a violin for me and just can't afford to invest much in an electric. Also, I'm not even sure I'll like it! Any words of wisdom there? Has anyone tried it and hated it/loved it? I'm really looking for any information here.

Thanks so much!

Amazon.com has electric violins at very affordable prices (about $100, last I checked). Hope that helps! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: