Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 copies of The Art of Violin Making for sale $70/75

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghammond

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: 2 copies of The Art of Violin Making for sale $70/75 Reply with quote

Hello,

I have two books for sale entitled "The Art of Violin Making". This is a very highly regarded book about violin making.

One book is 75 dollars and one is 70 dollars (plus 3 dollars shipping). The reason one is 70 is because there is a slight tear in the book wrapper. Not too noticeable, but it might subtract from the value. (I can send you a pic of the tear if this matters to you. It's not too big or noticeable, but I realize that this may make a difference if you are a book collector.)

Both books are brand new. They have not been used.

If you're interested let me know!

-G

(I am also looking for the Sacconi book, The Secrets of Stradavari if you would like to trade or sell outright.)

Here is a description of the book:

The Art of Violin Making is the major work for the craftsman, bringing into one volume a summary of essential information for the violin maker and player, as well as providing a historical reference. Part One: The Violin Makers is devoted to separate chapters on the life and work of some of the greatest of all violin makers; the families of Amati, Stradivari and Guarneri, and the unique genius of Jacob Stainer. These chapters include superb colour photographs of examples of their work. Also included is a chapter covering the work of some leading contemporary violin makers. Part Two: The Workshop, Tools and Materials provides essential information on the tools, working environment and material needed by violin makers. Part Three: Violin Construction comprises a detailed, step-by-step guide to the traditional method of violin making, based closely on the teaching system employed at the world-famous Newark School of Violin Making in England. This section is highly illustrated with photographs and technical drawings. The method of violin construction is presented with great clarity, so that even the newcomer to this fascinating craft will be able to produce a superb instrument.The often overlooked subject of 'setting up' is dealt with in detail, and the final chapter includes advice from an experienced restorer on sound adjustment. This book is essential reading for the violin maker, repairer and historian, providing a unique record of the history, social background, lives and work of the great violin makers of the past, combined with a clear practical guide to making violins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Classifieds All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: