Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kinda slow here over the last 24 hrs...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack H.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Kinda slow here over the last 24 hrs... Reply with quote

Guess everyone has their noses to the wet stones, good to see so many fingers busy at something besides the keyboard!!!
Wanted a reason to post something to liven up the joint, no Jussepe, not light up the joint, liven up. 8~J

Just wanted to say that I have posted some more pictures of the work I have been doing.
Remember.
Flesh heals, wood does not.
Lets be careful out there!

Jack H.
http://www1.fotolog.com/haviviviolins

peace
Mat Roop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather is far too nice to be indoors working on instruments...but I'm still lurking on the site.... late at night!
Mighty nice edge doubling Jack....are you going to replace some of those old and rather large cleats at the top end?
jessupe goldastini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come now jack you would'nt suggest that sailor smokes just cuase his rigging is made from hemp...hahahaha

well i'll see if you have a e-mail off yourlink, i'll send you some pictures of my "hemp" colored violin that i just finished....

and by he way....i kee on thinking leif hs booted me of the sit, du tp the fact that many times i have problems submitting post or logging on....

i'm not sure ii'm entertaining to you guys or annoying....or perhaps....both....

well at any rate i ill continue to "frank sanatra" my violin making....{my way}.....i actually see quite a good market running south....instead of north...particularly with the gemstone inlay angle

well....i dunno what to say to liven this place up....but i'll i can say is "vichellitar"{ i changed the name} is in production}

challenges i face are...

determining neck angle

getting the arch on the neck and bridge just so{ this is uncharted territory} need to be able to strum and pick like gituar, yet be able to have enough curve to bow it

creating the "sound box" instaed of a sound post, this will function like a sound post and a carraige for the pick up

getting the hieght just right and th "fuse" between the two plates will be a challenge

an attractive way to have the bottom back plate have a cutout in the lower enlarged"corner block

and many others

well back to being chained to the wheel...
Jack H.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mat Roop wrote:
Weather is far too nice to be indoors working on instruments...but I'm still lurking on the site.... late at night!
Mighty nice edge doubling Jack....are you going to replace some of those old and rather large cleats at the top end?

YEs, those were replaced during the course of the repair.
Problem is I do not bring my camera to work every day and I miss a lot of Finished pictures.
But it is fun to look back on all the problems and solutions we have had and had to come up with.
JWH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"du tp the fact that many times i have problems submitting post or logging on...."

Try letting the smoke clear before touching the keys.

Glad you have a sense of humor.
jessupe goldastini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry jwh, but for some reason this website gives one of the two computers i use a hard time....the cursor flashes and does not keep up with the rate of speed to which i type, so no it does not have to do with my level of impairment.....just bad editing....the one i'm typing on now lets me type fine....but does not accept all my post....re-routes to the log in page so i dunno'....but you can still make fun of me if you want...cause one day my gem encrusted dope coloured fiddles will be worth millions.....ok....poof......now we can let the smoke clear after that statement....hahahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: