Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not playing loud enough?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amanda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Not playing loud enough? Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I just recently bought Schubert's Rondo in A Major for Violin and Strings, I like the piece very much.

I am having a problem when playing with the string orchestra at my school, my friends say that I'm not loud enough. Is it my violin? My technique? I don't know what I'm doing wrong, my teacher says I'm fine but he only hears me playing in the classroom when we're alone.

Anyone here had this problem before, not being loud enough? If you ever played Schubert's Rondo, how long did it take you to learn it well?

If anyone is interested in the score or parts I got it from here Schubert Rondo in A Major for Violin and Strings D.438
Lemuel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Not playing loud enough? Reply with quote

Hi Amanda,

This is the first time I've heard this piece, and I agree with you, it is beautiful.

You are quite advanced, so I'm assuming you are playing correctly as far as the volume of your instrument is concerned. However just to make sure, have you tried playing another violin belonging to someone else who does not have this problem?

I suspect it could be the way your instrument is setup. Here, there could be a number of reasons. What type of strings are you using? The soundpost may not be long enough. The bridge maybe too low or too thick. I would suggest taking your violin to a reputable luthier.

Other minor factors could be your violin bow, what type of rosin you are using. Also, try playing another bow belonging to someone that does not have this problem.

Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: