Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

st. cecile trivia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Making and Restoration Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jessupe goldastini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: st. cecile trivia Reply with quote

"The St. Cecile violins were sold in J.B. Vuillaume's Paris shop to his less affluent clients. They were usually made in Mirecourt by Nicolas Vuillaume and were varnished and finished in the Paris workshop. The image of St. Cecile (the patron saint of musicians) was applied to the upper back."

how many were made?
Jeffrey Holmes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: st. cecile trivia Reply with quote

jessupe goldastini wrote:
"The St. Cecile violins were sold in J.B. Vuillaume's Paris shop to his less affluent clients. They were usually made in Mirecourt by Nicolas Vuillaume and were varnished and finished in the Paris workshop. The image of St. Cecile (the patron saint of musicians) was applied to the upper back."

how many were made?

Reading Jay Ifshin's website, eh? Smile

A good many... I don't know if detailed records of production exist as they do for his first quality instruments, but Roger Millant mentions seeing them numbered into the 700s. Problem is there seems to be no proof the numbering for the St. Cecile instruments started with "1".

BTW, The Stentor models (I, II & III) were the next step down at the Vuillaume shop.

http://holmesviolins.com
jessupe goldastini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah yes...ofcourse note the qaotations....i would not be try to be so clever as to pass that paragragh off as my own....with fellows as knolowdgeable as you...and that can spell as well too....i would be a fool to try to sound that smart...ahahahahaa......{i don't know how to do the smiley thing}.....see....kinda a idiot sevant i am with the empahasis on idiot....

thank you very much mister holmes....it is always a pleasure to hear from folks such as yourself, who are but a varitable palithara of knowledge....please do say hi to watson for me....cherrio'

well i wonder where everyone is...probably at that damm masteronet site....pegboxschmegbox....

by the way....

i know that i am quite the outsider....but.....with all my research on a bow'able electric guitar.....i found only this one guy who really has good one.....google "guitarviol"....it gives somewhat of an idea of what i'm doing.....but mines much better.....hahaha.....no really i think i have a way more superior.....dude.....bowing system that is much more ergonomic and natural for a guitar player....his is very much like a electric guitar.....mine more like a archtop....his you bow with it on your knee.....mine as in a normal side to side motion with the same position as a normal picking "stance"....with the guitar straped as normal...anyway, many musicians are using his....particularly for soundtracks...."300" the movie had used one apperently.....so perhaps i is not that crazy after alz....
Chet Bishop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessupe, check your PM inbox.

(edit: Well, now that I check my "sent box" maybe my e-mail to you just disappeared into cyberspace...???)
jessupe goldastini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am i in trouble?....private communications....am i getting sent to the principles office?.....hehe.....anyhoo.''...do you have my email?.....your more than welcome to send another....or i'll try to track yours down.....
Chet Bishop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am not sure if the message doodad is working-- I had sent you a longish message via PM, but now it seems to have disappeared....ah, well.

Try me at my e-mail
cabishop (at) ahanw.org

Thanks..It may take me a bit to remember all that I was trying to say, ut I am willing to try... Smile
Jack H.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jessupe goldastini wrote:
am i in trouble?....private communications....am i getting sent to the principles office?.....hehe.....anyhoo.''...do you have my email?.....your more than welcome to send another....or i'll try to track yours down.....

Look out!
Next come the black helicopters!!

J
Chet Bishop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I don't like flying. And I've never been in a chopper
jessupe goldastini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chet i got the pm...thanks....however when i emailed the address it got sent back....so...try this.....JGolds7563{at}aol.com

and gosh if the PENAC boys keep it up, the helicopters will be everywhere
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Making and Restoration Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: