Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

History of the Violin Forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leif Luscombe
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: History of the Violin Forum Reply with quote

This forum was originally created in September of 2001, using UBB software. Last year, The Strad magazine published a link to our forum.

While quite active during 2001-2003, the popularity diminished with as the UBB software aged; many posts were also lost as our interest shifted to other projects.

On March 23, 2007 the message board software was updated to phpBB, which is newer and with many more features. Unfortunately, it is incompatible with the software from our previous forum, so those threads can not be transferred here. For now we will leave the other board as is for reference.

It is my hope that this "renewed" forum may become as successful as it was in the past.

My thanks extends to all who have made this forum what it is. Your participation is greatly appreciated.
Becky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to access the old forum?
Leif Luscombe
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the files were corrupted so it was replaced. I had hoped to archive it, but it was not possible.
Stradsman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad when so much recorded knowledge is lost. I hope you guys back up this forum, in case something similar happens.

I think professional forums like this are a great resource for musicians, to stay focused and learn about what's going on in the minds of other musicians.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: