Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Much delayed introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemuel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Much delayed introduction Reply with quote

Hello fellow forum members,

This is Lemuel Huang from Lemuel Violins.

Since taking over Luscombe Violins Inc. in March, 2010, it has been a steep learning curve for me. Migration has been bumpy as I faced some delays along the way. Now that things have settled somewhat I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself.

I started to play classical violin at age 4. My parents had a warm time trying to get me to practice. It wasn't until around my late teens that I really started to play out of genuine interest (now I thank my parents or starting me off). My favorite piece is Meditation from Thias by Jules Massenet. I've also enjoyed playing pieces by Fritz Kreisler.

At age 18, I made a tough decision to go into computer science instead music as my career. Although back then, hi-tech was more lucrative financially, the highly competitive spirit in the industry was very stressful to me.

I started teaching violin a few years ago and have probably learned more within those years than during playing. I have three children who have violins now, but have the same problem I had as a child. I also hope that one day genuine interest sparks within them as well. In the meantime, I try to make it fun for them instead of making it a mere routine.

I met Leif Luscombe about 20 years ago. It wasn't until I moved near him in 1997, that I started to get exposed to some violin making and the business side as well. I was surprised to see many scientific disciplines involved in instrument making (such as acoustic science, physics and chemistry). It's an ongoing education for me as I see Leif almost everyday now.

Leif tells me that the quality of the forum has decreased over the past few months. I'm now an administrator and desire to restore the forum back to what it was before. It will take time and work, but it is possible.

Many have left the forum I believe. Some inappropriate posts have fallen through the cracks, and have been cleaned up. I'll do my best to keep on track of things so that the forum is clean and a profitable, enjoyable place to be for both musicians and makers (and all others, related around and between).

I have read a number of posts and have come across some really good ones. Thank you for your contribution. I'll appreciate if you could provide any thoughts on how the quality of the forum can be improved.

Lemuel Huang
Lemuel Violins
www.violins.ca
Jack H.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome... I have been absent from the forum for the last year or so. been busy re-graduating many newly acquired instruments and just trying to make more money to feed the family machine. I hope everything goes well for you.

Jack Havivi
Havivi violins
Israel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: