Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fiddle pickup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mat Roop

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: fiddle pickup Reply with quote

I typically do not work with pickups... but now that a good friend has asked what is a generally accepted quality pickup for fiddling...I need some advice....Thanks, Mat
francois

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

L.R. Baggs, Fishman, to name a few good brands.

http://www.lrbaggs.com

http://www.fishman.com
Busker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Vln pickup Reply with quote

I have used both Fishman and Barcus Berry and find the latter to have a more mellow sound which I like.

I have two students who I take with me when entertaining and we three use Barcus Berry when doing trios etc. I find that to get the sound I like, I do mute the instruments. Unmuted the vlns sound raucus and not to my liking. Fishman were even more harsh.

Because I am often using three instuments together I put them through a Behringer Eurorack UB802 first. This allows a balance between each instrument and adjustment of Bass, mid and treble of each instrument. This rack also has Mike inputs. I am using a 100 watt Carlsbro Sherwood acoustic amp.

I am satisfied with the sound quality and have done much experiment to get the sound I have today.

Hopefully my comments may be of use - Good luck.
Jack H.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the L.R. Baggs .
I have installed many of them and I am very pleased with both the electric and the accoustic properties.
Barry Dudley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally install the L.R. Baggs on the 5-string violin I make. It seems to work best in a live on stage setting. less feedback problems. I have also used the Fishman pick up but my customers prefer the Baggs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: