Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Had a nice little jam to myself just then...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ode to Tragedy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Had a nice little jam to myself just then... Reply with quote

I started playing around and got into the groove and started to make a nice sounding lil jig.

I noticed my ability to get into the groove and freestyle has improved greatly. I put it down to practice of course but also listening to alot of jigs.

I'll probably forget it and I can't be bothered to write it down.

That software you suggested lamuel would be great for capturing little bits easily...forgot the name of it- the one which deciphers notes as they are played.

I'm not gonna pay for it tho as I'm really strapped and don't want it that bad.

I'll record it if I remember it and I get the stuff setup.

I worked out how to use the camera but realized I'll require a mic as well.

I am gonna try the old Djing trick I used to do of just plugging some old headphones into the mic port and using them.
Lemuel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Had a nice little jam to myself just then... Reply with quote

Audioscore (Records your playing and prints a score) and Photoscore (scans a score and plays it).

This website is in Canada. http://kellysmusic.ca/productinfo~id~1194038167.htm

I think near Father's day, there is a sale. Check in your neighborhood other places online also.

Over the weekend, a friend of mine who has a recording studio tells me that the Apex 191 studio pencil condenser microphone does a pretty good job with violins. Just doing a search on the microphone shows prices ranging from $59.00 to $119.00.
hottiedoggie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ode! I read around the forum that your a beginner fliddler like me.

Was wonder how do you go about practicing your playing and also how do you practice freestyle?

Hope i can improve myself as i had been learning the violin for roughly 3 years but had been improving very very slowly.

Care to share some tips with a fellow biginner fliddler?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: