Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strings or Bow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captainfarrell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Strings or Bow Reply with quote

Confused £50 to spend most benefit strings or bow on a fiddle Hopf value as a guess £200 .Can I get a reasonable bow for that much.
ctviolin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Strings or Bow Reply with quote

captainfarrell wrote:
Confused £50 to spend most benefit strings or bow on a fiddle Hopf value as a guess £200 .Can I get a reasonable bow for that much.

It depends.

If your new to violins you can get a Glasser fiberglass bow for about that.
They have decent hair and are darn near indestructible.

They are considered childrens or students bows mostly, but I often recommend them to new fiddlers, because it will most likely be two or three years till you start to notice the lack of finesse that a decent wood bow might offer.

Good hair, fiberglass shaft, decent plastic frog, And they play as well as a new or newish fiddler will require.

When you start to know what you don't like about it (if you ever do) you can easily move upwards and into the higher dollar range.

That's just my 2 cents worth...

Then again, a decent set of Red Label strings will set you back about the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: