Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well, whatever.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctviolin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Well, whatever. Reply with quote

I just had my 26 year-old, still working, dialysis access removed today from my left arm (from wrist to shoulder) this morning. I do have another new access in the right upper arm that I've been using now for about the last two months.
I used to just not mention my medical problems on-line, but going through an online bout of crap with someone who was an old poster on Maestronet -these things were brought to the forefront and mentioned.

That's the "oh well, whatever" referred to in the post title. The "old me" is simply a different poster than I now am.

I will say that most of the people I have known from dialysis, are now gone away from the face of the Earth, and some (many) of them, close friends, are now looong gone.

Why am I still here blabbing on and on? I don't really know why.

From my perspective, though, it's nice that I have made and retain many friends that I know from the computer (violin related) only, or from my old days of being a tone judge for the violin competitions in Tucson Az.

Times change - we change, circumstances change - but what the he11,
I'm still here. You're still here.

I'm going to open this Corona and have a tiny glass in celebration of being able, STILL, to continue on making my own violins, when, by all rights, life should have put my brakes on, many years ago.

Cheers, my friends.

Last edited by ctviolin on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:52 am; edited 3 times in total
ollieken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Hello Ct Reply with quote

Ct 26 years on dialysis that must be a record & no one would know how hard it is on a person unless they have had to go through it .

Just Great to be a senior eh Doc. have found out that you have a lot of parts that you don't need when you get to be a senior new ball joints, plastic valves & all sorts of new parts but it hard to beat original

Take care & good luck Ken
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ctviolin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Hello Ct Reply with quote

ollieken wrote:
Ct 26 years on dialysis that must be a record & no one would know how hard it is on a person unless they have had to go through it .

Just Great to be a senior eh Doc. have found out that you have a lot of parts that you don't need when you get to be a senior new ball joints, plastic valves & all sorts of new parts but it hard to beat original

Take care & good luck Ken

Ha!

Thanks Ken, I needed that. Sometimes a great sense of humor is the one and only necessary ingredient.

Am I right, or what?

ct

(BTW - I do have one friend who has been on dialysis along with me, for all twenty six years... plus three more - my buddy Tom has been on for twenty nine years. But, his access was gone and replaced many many times during that period.
As is typical.
Oh well - as some people claim - God is good, and occasionally he manifests greatness that can exceed into the realm of spooky, with regard to us mere peons.)

P.S. My apologies if this is unacceptable/unwanted chatter. But It's been one he11'uva day for me.
Mat Roop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Well, whatever. Reply with quote

ctviolin wrote:
....Why am I still here blabbing on and on? I don't really know why.

Only one reason.... You are needed! To share in your vast knowledge and experience, but mostly to be a companion and role model to your grandkids!!
Keep going & posting CT... looking forward to another 26 years!
Cheers ... Mat
ps... I hear Ken has heard of some great medicinal secrets that work wonders... If it were 99 proof I'd get me some for french polishing!
ollieken

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Craig Reply with quote

Craig I met up with Mat Rope In Moncton at his brother in-law a while back.

I think the Medicine he was referring to I was using is
that good sipping Medicine that is made alongside of a brook by the light of the moon Great stuff if you can get it .

Hope all is well with you as I have not seen a post in a day or so from you

I see that Maestronet is back up & running .

Mat better tie down the lid I see on the news O.N.T. is having some bad storms ken
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ctviolin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys, for making it a conversation...

I haven't posted in a couple of days because I am wrist to shoulder in a cast/wrap where they just removed my 26 year old dialysis access from my left arm, and are trying to keep it from clotting solid, now that it doesn't have the excessive amount of arterial blood running through it.

I just started using a new access in my right upper arm. The old access was getting excessively large and was taking too much blood away from my ticker...

I should be able to unwrap and use it (the left arm) within the next week or so. I'm getting anxious to start thinning the top plate! What I really should do is post a photo of the current swelling in my hand - unbelievable! And it's outside of the wrap!

I'm really glad that I was born in a time and a culture where medical attention like this, is simply done and paid for by medicare! Back when I had my (unsuccessful) kidney transplant, the final bill, including the months in the hospital, was over (are you ready for this?) $475,000.00.

Of course, the "padding" they took was unbelievable also. A single aspirin was somewhere around fifteen or twenty dollars each - Many different doctors I never even knew, would come in, look at me, then look at my chart, then simply walk out - and then they would charge medicare for a "professional consultation"... which, after I finally asked about why all of them were coming in, saying nothing, and I never saw them again, what was going on? - they informed me that I didn't have to have any of them if I didn't want them - they weren't required, weren't even doctors on my case! and there were even more ridiculous etc.'s there, where they were essentially just printing themselves (government) money. I ended up owing only about $2,500 for that one.
You gotta love disability.

It's been an interesting life.

Last edited by ctviolin on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:08 am; edited 5 times in total
ctviolin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Craig Reply with quote

ollieken wrote:
Craig I met up with Mat Rope In Moncton at his brother in-law a while back.

I think the Medicine he was referring to I was using is
that good sipping Medicine that is made alongside of a brook by the light of the moon

Great stuff if you can get it .

Hope all is well with you as I have not seen a post in a day or so from you

ken

Thanks bud.

I'm doing well.

I just discovered George Dickel Tennessee Sour Mash at my sons 34th birthday party...
Along with a pot of crayfish (an annual treat) and am thinking that it may well be a great medicine for various complaints.

Will keep yáll informed.

ct

(Medicine by the thimbleful.)
ctviolin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Well, whatever. Reply with quote

Mat Roop wrote:
ctviolin wrote:
....Why am I still here blabbing on and on? I don't really know why.

Only one reason.... You are needed! To share in your vast knowledge and experience, but mostly to be a companion and role model to your grandkids!!
Keep going & posting CT... looking forward to another 26 years!
Cheers ... Mat
ps... I hear Ken has heard of some great medicinal secrets that work wonders... If it were 99 proof I'd get me some for french polishing!

Mat, yer'a gentleman, that's for sure.

My grandson came by for a visit last night, and started crying when his mom told him to get ready to go home... He wanted to hang out with grandma & grandpa for a while longer - tee-hee!)

gotta love em - they'll grow up way too soon, and much of that magic quality often gets snowed under, by life, by then.

Thanks,
ct
ctviolin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all, I've had my arm unwrapped now for a few days, but really, only last night did it stop killing me with the d@mn unending pain.

Thank God!

Now, all of a sudden, I feel like going out and shopping with the wife again, (something we've always done together and had much fun at it) not sleeping all day, and am back in the inside shop doing all kinds of crapola... and am even working a bit in the out back shop - for a couple days.

Ahh, life is good.
I do know this already, since my life has always been one medical procedure after another - but when you're in the middle of recovering from a new one, it seems like it will never clear up.

Thanks all, for listening and putting up with me.
Chet Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, my friend.
ctviolin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chet Bishop wrote:
Welcome back, my friend.

Thanks Chet!

It's nice to be back, and, it's nice to have friends here.

One day Chet, I hope you at least have to pass through New Mexico, so we get a chance to meet in person.

Something's either always on the grill, or else Mary cooks up something Indian/Spanish in the kitchen ...

Are you & the better half, HOT food people? (Green chili's, etc?)

Your looong time friend,
ct
Lemuel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to hear that you are recovering on an ongoing basis, and getting around to doing things.

Truly, I'm very happy that you are satisfied here. When you are happy, I'm happy.
ctviolin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemuel wrote:
It's good to hear that you are recovering on an ongoing basis, and getting around to doing things.

Truly, I'm very happy that you are satisfied here. When you are happy, I'm happy.

Thanks bud!

I must admit that I really am having sort of a blast here. (Where my big boca can run at will)

Every once in a while I question myself, and why I post.
But the truth is, that every once in a while lately (well - every day really) I question anything and everything I do.

I guess it is common after a stroke to try to re-establish one's personality back to something familiar and comfortable ?

Thanks for always making me feel welcome here.

Craig T

Last edited by ctviolin on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
ctviolin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, dup post.
Chet Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Craig; I didn't see this until now.

I like spicy foods. Ann does not. I am beginning to find I can't handle it as well as I used to, though. I had some surgery a while back, you may recall, and the plumbing doesn't work the same any more.

I have only been in NM a few times in my life, but it would certainly be great to finally meet you. Same goes if you happen to make it to Oregon.

Keep getting better, Craig.

Chet

ctviolin wrote:
Chet Bishop wrote:
Welcome back, my friend.

Thanks Chet!

It's nice to be back, and, it's nice to have friends here.

One day Chet, I hope you at least have to pass through New Mexico, so we get a chance to meet in person.

Something's either always on the grill, or else Mary cooks up something Indian/Spanish in the kitchen ...

Are you & the better half, HOT food people? (Green chili's, etc?)

Your looong time friend,
ct

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: