Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello dear musicians and fellow artists

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaestroMe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Hello dear musicians and fellow artists Reply with quote

I am a 24 year old guy from Toronto Canada. I play Piano and Guitar for about 18 years now (piano) and 8 years (guitar).

I really want to start playing the violin and I pick everything up by ear so I wanna buy one right away. I wanna rent a few models before I do so, to make sure me and the instrument are getting along well first.

My budget is anything under $800CAD. If it is really worth it, I would pay a bit more even but ideally want to invest not more than $800CAD for my first Violin.

Any suggestions? I hear Eastman is good.
I tried the Eastman VL80ST 4/4 ($349CAD)
There was a bit more of an expensive one but it was Yamaha, I liked the cheaper Eastman cause it sounded deeper and richer.
Lemuel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right...Eastman violins are good compared to other instruments in comparative price ranges...this has been the feedback I've heard from many other people as well.
MaestroMe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Lemuel"]Yes, you are right...Eastman violins are good compared to other instruments in comparative price ranges...this has been the feedback I've heard from many other people as well.[/quote]

Thank you for your comment. I wish this forum was more active. I wrote this almost a week ago and only 1 reply. I finally got the Eastman but only a rental one, to see if I should stick with it.

Now... It sounds like shit because I suck? or because something might be wrong with it? Old strings? Bow needs rosin? Something?
Lemuel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who did you rent it from?....chances are that I know them.

Another question.....Did you try the rental at the store first? You don't rent anything until you are satisfied with it.

If you think it is your playing.....you won't be satisfied with any violin.

This forum used to be quite active....it is primarily a violin maker's forum. If you want more activity and feedback,
then you should go to www.violinist.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: