Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Recording HW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KrisonStrings

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: New Recording HW Reply with quote

I went to my local music store recently and bought some entry level recording equipment. I've been recording using my laptop microphone, which is pretty, I think, for a laptop mike. But just doesn't give me the sound quality I want.

After trying some different combinations at the local music store I decided to get the Tube MP and the Band. The Tube MP is only a 1 channel device, but that should be all I need. There is still room for improvement in sound quality, but short of spending a lot of money this combination seems to satisfy my current recording needs.

The Tube MP gives me a big improvement in sound, but if you listen to professional grade youtube recordings it will noticably fall short. But for $115 it seems to give a good break into the recording hobby.

The Band pickup actually is one of the better pickups I've tried. It is about $175, but worth it for good recording. It is still limited by my entry level recording device (Tube MP) but should good when I decide to buy a better one.
https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p200x200/1604649_465677053554396_1143988481_n.jpg

Looking forward to recording my next video with this!
~Kris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: