Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another bow related book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Bow Making Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wm_crash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Another bow related book Reply with quote

I managed to get myself a copy of Henry Saint-George's "The Bow: History, Manufacture, and Use" third edition, 1922. Very nice reading with quite a few true to size diagrams and plates of bow heads. It is used as a reference in Henderson's book (for figures 14 and 15). I am thinking to photocopy it and post it since it's no longer protected by copyright (or I could sell digital copies on the interwebs and then buy a retirement mansion in the Bahamas). If anyone is interested, just let me know.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan
whatwasithinking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! I'm sure having the original beats a photocopy/scanned copy. It's also available at http://www.gutenberg.org/files/29112/29112-h/29112-h.htm

BTW, I visited the publisher/copyright holder of Henderson's book, and they suggested a willingness to post it online for no cost. It hasn't happened, though, and I'm not holding my breath.

Happy New Year!

Bob
wm_crash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see someone got that done Smile

As far as Henderson, it seems to be copyrighted to Henderson himself, technically that would have been transferred along with his estate. Just curious, who holds the publishing rights now?

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Bow Making Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: