Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi from a newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigFryMan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Hi from a newbie Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm new around here so I thought I'd say hi.

I'm just coming back to the violin after about an 8 year break. I started when I was 5, went up to my associate diploma of performance (Trinity College) and then went on to spend a couple of years at the conservatorium in Hobart (Tasmania, Australia). Was pretty young back then and had no discipline so being at the con definitely helped me to begin overcoming that!

Anyways, I gave up my music studies to get a real job for many reasons, but primarily because my practice was starting to take a toll on my hearing. As well as violin I was working a lot in mixing live audio and have always wanted to get into studio work so I had to stop before I did too much damage. Fast forward till now and I've been doing all sorts of live audio work, bit of studio and also lots of desk job IT/engineering type stuff.

A friend recently needed some session violin work on an ambient type sound track kinda album and he wouldn't take no for an answer so I've picked up my violin again and he paid to get it fixed so I would play on his album. I'm spending a lot of time doing Kreisler studies to work on my stamina and technique, but if I spend too much time I can feel it on my ears.

My main passion for violin at the moment is actually to learn to create one. I'm just about to start building my first violin. Still waiting for a few bits and pieces to turn up before I can start, but I'm really excited about getting into it.

Thanks for providing such a great community to learn from.
ctviolin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hi from a newbie Reply with quote

BigFryMan wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm new around here so I thought I'd say hi.

My main passion for violin at the moment is actually to learn to create one. I'm just about to start building my first violin. Still waiting for a few bits and pieces to turn up before I can start, but I'm really excited about getting into it.

Thanks for providing such a great community to learn from.

And, I must assume that you're the same BigFryMan...

Well, since you're well on your way, what more can I say? You da' man, BigFry.
You are a rare treat BFM, someone that actually is doing it!

Good, no, Great Work!

ct
jzbosco

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new here too BigFryMan. I'm starting with a repair before I decide to get into building one from scratch. I'll post my successes or failures as I go along. See you around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: