Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to the forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linden

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: New to the forum Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, I am a new guy here but will turn 71 this month. I made my first violin in 1982 and finished 5 more by 1984. Now 31 years later I got the urge to make a few more. The forum has been a great resource of information since in the past years I have forgotten a lot.
I have all the tools, moulds, and some great wood, so as soon as I clear some work off the bench I hope to get started in a couple weeks. You folks keep up the great posts. Cheers, Linden from Missouri
Dave Chandler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Linden, I'm 66, started making violins about 10 years ago, and am working on #21. Welcome to the forum.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm" Winston Churchill

"I took the road less travelled, and now I don't know where I am." Marco Polo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Linden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Thank You! Reply with quote

Hi Dave, thanks for the welcome. I am looking forward to starting #7. I have a viola that is about half finished when I stopped years ago that I might go ahead and finish first. Best regards, Linden
Chet Bishop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Mr. Linden!

I am a youngster of 61...working on #27.

Welcome back!

Chet Bishop
Linden

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chet, thank you for your welcome also. I will most likely never catch up with you youngsters as far as numbers but watch out for us old guys Laughing
DonLeister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linden,

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to seeing what you are making. Please keep us updated about your projects and don't hesitate to throw some questions out there.
We have a valuable resource, a moderator/violin maker by the name of Michael Darnton here who works on fine instruments such as Stradivaris and other old Italians.
I admire anyone who spends their time making instruments and building on the hard earned knowledge of other talented craftsmen and women.
Linden

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Don, Thanks for the welcome. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures ( 10 year olds are never around when you need one) I will post some pic's and questions. I need to get set up with FLICKR and give it a try. I flunked Computer 101.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Introduction, Rules and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: