Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Check out my new Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Making and Restoration Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lyndon Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Check out my new Website Reply with quote

After years of relying on a single page web advertisement on violinist.com, I finally bit the bullet and shelled out $245 to godaddy.com to build my own 7 page website for my Southern California Violin Shop. Three long weeks of overtime working later, the website is now fully up and running, and I am happy with the result; www.taylorsfineviolins.com

In addition to four pages devoted to violins, I have a long page devoted to pictures, youtube recordings and text about my other lifetime interest; building historical copies of baroque clavichords (historical keyboard instruments). On top of that, since it was a website about me and my passion for art and music, I added an additional webpage devoted to my Abstract Impressionist Art.

I'm interested in any constructive criticism as to how I might make my website better or more appropriate to my customers, and feedback will be appreciated.

www.taylorsfineviolins.com
kjb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good at first glance. good luck
Dave Chandler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a great start, didn't find your youtube links, wanted to hear them.

I also used GoDaddy, about a year ago, and continuously tweaking.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm" Winston Churchill

"I took the road less travelled, and now I don't know where I am." Marco Polo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lyndon Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, the youtube links are on the Clavichords page and are of clavichords I built not violins, some people's security system does not allow them to see youtube links, I hope its just a case of you haven't clicked on the clavichord page on the tool bar at the top of the website page.

www.taylorsfineviolins.com
Dave Chandler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see now, thanks. Very nice recordings to my untrained ear. I was looking to hear the violins.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm" Winston Churchill

"I took the road less travelled, and now I don't know where I am." Marco Polo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Making and Restoration Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: