Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

electric pick up unwanted finger tapping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wayland

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: electric pick up unwanted finger tapping Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Headway Band pick up and have tried various contact pickups but get a lot of "drumming " as my fingers tap on the finger board, Being a blacksmith I might be a bit heavy handed. They are good for not producing feedback though but the tapping can be a bit distracting. I did used to use a very cheap tie-clip mike which worked well but could be a pain with feed-back in some venues and also could be embarrassing as it could pick up what you were saying and fire it out of the speakers, it's a wonder I haven't been slapped. I like to be able to remove it but could dedicate a fiddle to one if necessary. I'm sure this topic must have been dealt with before but couldn't find it. Maybe I'll have a go at making a solid fiddle one day.
ctviolin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make a solid.

I have, and I enjoy not dealing with the acoustics of an acoustic w a p/u...
Wayland

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ctviolin , that's going to be another interesting project, I can let my imagination run free..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: