Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding this forum on the internet .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Making and Restoration Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Cadd

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 8:14 am    Post subject: Finding this forum on the internet . Reply with quote

The Title of this forum at the top of this page does not come up on the internet properly . I think the title should get straight here instead of Violinist ,com or a few other forums . Sometimes the internet gets too clever and learns what you eventually wanted. But from scratch without giving it too many clues this site does not pop up from one single title .So the forum keeps getting lost and people miss it and end up on Violinist .com with all it`s bad jokes . A serious question .
John Cadd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:54 am    Post subject: finding this forum Reply with quote

The main way I find this forum each day is by using the bookmark which also has my password.Google seems to resist this forum and it does not pop up on the first page. Fiddle sites get more attention.
John Cadd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:58 am    Post subject: finding this forum Reply with quote

The main way I find this forum each day is by using the bookmark which also has my password.Google seems to resist this forum and it does not pop up on the first page. Fiddle sites get more attention. Now I notice on the bottom of the page a question ,(or is it an instruction?) "Stop watching this topic"----This is just page one !!
Michael Darnton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask for Canadian violin forum and it comes right up. Google seems to be very American-centric unless you are on one of their local versions. I have a hard time finding Italian violin makers on the American site unless I specify "Italian".
John Cadd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:40 am    Post subject: Finding this forum Reply with quote

How very odd and perverse is the internet .Using the exact title shown here and nothing else produces a blank for at least 5 pages . The Canada trick worked first time. The 4 dots plus Index worked sometimes . You think it has remembered but then it forgets again .Adding Lemuel`s name makes no difference . Maybe the forward slash included makes Google confused as if it`s one or the other but not both .Madness .
MikeCooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just joined this forum after being a long time Maestronet member. Saved a bookmark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Making and Restoration Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: