Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sheet Music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saywhattt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Sheet Music Reply with quote

Hi there,

does anybody know where I can get the sheet music to "Iris" by The Goo Goo Dolls? I apologize for asking my question without properly introducing myself and for this being my first and probably one of my only posts, to be honest; but I'm actually a guitarist and a friend of mine is the one in need of the sheet, as we're going to play the song as an audition. But she left me to be the one who takes care of the music.. oh well Rolling Eyes

once again, I'm sorry!
Shirley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Saywhatt - Honesty is always the best policy! You could try here:
http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/store/smp_fastresults.html?cart=34098337822536483

although most of these are for voice. Often the voice part can be played by a violin.

There is this, also -

http://search.musicnotes.com/?q=Iris&u1=q&title=Iris&u2=title

But again, no violin. That is hard to find, which is the reason you are asking, I presume!

Thank you for this post, since I had never heard the song, or of the Goo Goo Dolls - it is really rather nice! Good luck in your search. Shirley
Becky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another possible option is here http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/sheetmusic/titles/80.shtml but it's for piano and voice. I think Shirley's suggestion of playing the voice part on the violin would work...or maybe do partly that and partly write your own part for the violin to play...or if someone is singing, maybe just have the violin harmonize. Do you have the chords for the guitar? You could always try having the violinist improvise using your chords as a guide. What are you auditioning for?
Shirley, I couldn't believe that you had never heard of the goo goo dolls...and then I realized that the only reasons I know of them are because they started in my area and one of my music business teachers was their producer...I've never actually heard them before though. Embarassed I guess I'm too caught up in Tchaikovsky and Dvorak to have time for (or an interest in) current music.
Shirley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becky, there are a LOT of modern music groups I have never heard of - I expect there are some good ones out there. Since my kids left home, and I don't drive great distances with the radio on any more, I have fallen waaaay behind the times. I do know of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, though, since they are local, like you and the Goo Goo Dolls. (The Goo Goo Dolls appear to be all guys? What do you know.) I enjoyed your post!

Shirley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: