Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bow sizes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elkwoman46

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Bow sizes Reply with quote

Greetings! I was just curious if anyone knows of a chart online that shows the various sizes and widths for bows.
That is the proper size or official size for the appropriate violin sizes, from 1/8 to 4/4.
And also, if there are any charts for bow sizes in the various sizes for cellos and violas, from the smallest to the large 4/4 cellos, and also for the various sizes of violas.
Thanks so very, very kindly.
God bless you all!

Second question, is the sound really different if one is using any bow on any instrument?
Gizmo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Bow Reply with quote

Bows make a big difference.
But the "better" bow is the one that works with your violin and style.
I will never believe that there might be $1000 worth of sound/tone improvement just based on a bow alone.
My favorite bow is also the cheapest of the six I own.
A friend once bought a "really good " bow and demonstrated it for me, then she played the "old" one. I gave out a few "Wows" but the truth is that there was no great difference.
I THINK Shar will let you try bows on a trial basis. Good idea, Shar or elsewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: