Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Johannes Kohr and August Kohr - reputation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Making and Restoration Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mshikibu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Johannes Kohr and August Kohr - reputation? Reply with quote

What, in general, is the reputation of the violins made by Johannes Kohr and August Kohr, distributed by Howard Core? Are these Chinese made violins?

I played a K470 for a while and found it to be harsh and tinny, sort of. Even a change to Evah Pirazzi strings did not much help.

The most expensive instrument in the line is their HC7000 which appears to be available in Strad, Balastrieri, Ruggieri, Guadagnini, Bergonizi and del Gesu models. Strings magazine apparently had an article, featuring (and recommending) the HC602; I sure would love to see that article.

Your expertise appreciated. I am curious what is generally thought of them and what their professional reputation is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Making and Restoration Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: