Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curved Bow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Bow Making Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gantafistor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Curved Bow Reply with quote

Hi, I guess some experts just by the title knows the problem. I have an old bow whose is curved because of bad maintenance and I'm wondering if it could be repair (I'm almost sure that it is impossible but i'm asking anyway:P)I don't have any camera for taking a picture for the moment so it will wait but I think that exactely the experts will already know what is it.

Ganta
FiddleDoug

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Bow straightening Reply with quote

Yes, bows can, and are, straightened and recambered quite often. This requires just the right amount of heat, and a practiced touch at doing the bending. There is a real possibility that the stick could break when trying this. Not something for an amateur to try. Depending on the value of the bow, it may, or may not be worth it to have it done.

www.wallindependent.com
Gantafistor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you a lot, now than I know it can be repair I'll go forward to a lutherie Very Happy

Ganta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Bow Making Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: