Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A good beginner's Violin price??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
<BL> Maros

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: A good beginner's Violin price?? Reply with quote

Basically I played violin all through middle school and guitar all through high school. I have been wanting to start up with Violin again but am not sure how to go about it. At this point I was / am just looking for a few answers as far as What a good price on a beginner violin would be, what I need to look for in a beginner violin, as well as what I should look for in a violin teacher. As well as any other advice anyone may have about just starting out?

Thanks in Advance!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Barry1963

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a beginner myself, I bought a cheap outfit off the internet (under $100 ) changed strings and bridge and it acceptable for now, but I plan to buy a better one in a few months.

Im leaning towards buying a used one in the $300 range. You say you played before, so you should have a good idea what your looking for as far as sound goes.
mshikibu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay away from Ebay! You will spend more money getting the instrument in playing shape, than you paid to begin with.

I wouldn't think of spending less than $200. A lot of people like these:

http://beststudentviolins.com/violins.html#outfits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: