Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The search for a sponsor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andreh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: The search for a sponsor Reply with quote

As you may already know, classical music and classical music competitions don't have a wide or even an average audience in the middle east.
Thus,here in Syria, there have been many active efforts all started by a figure named "Solhe Al Wadi" to introduce classical music to the people. He founded 2 very important musical education centers, the Syrian Conservatory (One of the most prestigious in the Middle East) and Solhe-Al Wadi's institute for youngesters begining their musical education. This is the institute from which I graduated.

The institute held many local competitions over the past few years which were a great success.
This year, it's holding an international piano and violin competition. The problem is , there are no sponsors!
While a competition of this magnitude would require great sums of money, no local orgnizations seem to be interested in sponsoring such a thing.

I kindly ask your assistance in finding an international sponsor for this event which I am sure will be a great contribution towards the musical movement in Syria.

Bach : violin partita "Sarabanda & Giga"
Massnet : Meditation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shirley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreh ~ Your request sounds honest (please do not be offended - so many web requests for money are bogus), and if so, I wish you luck. I do hope you find some sponsors!

Shirley
Andreh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Calrification Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your concern.
We do not plan on taking the money from sponsors directly, but when a willing sponsor is found, official contact with official Syrian music organizations and/or institutes will be established.
We'll make sure that the matter becomes formal and official rather than stay on a personal level, our task is only to find a sponsor.

Best regards
Bach : violin partita "Sarabanda & Giga"
Massnet : Meditation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: