Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meditation from Thais

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joet1485

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Meditation from Thais Reply with quote

I am trying to learn the Meditation. But I am having a problem with several passages contianing notes above the high D way up on the E string. Does anyone have any advice on how to play these or practice them. Another question is--is it kosher to maybe take those really high measures and lower them on octave. But of course I wouldnt change the lower parts. Is there an easier version of this piece out there? I am not an ear player and have to sight read something until I know it then I can play it w/o the music. Any ideas would be useful

Joe T
kel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suggest the following :

bar 14, 3rd finger on C, then shift up with 2nd finger to the D,
bar 30, 1st finger on the A , then shift up with 1st finger to C
bar 32, extend your 4th finger to the G, followed by 3rd on F then shift down with 3rd finger to C.....

OR design the shift that u feel more comfortable and confidence

practise to improve is the only way, no alternative
kel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

play Meditation with a slower speed and concentrate more on the tone and make it sound sentimental, its a lovely piece

how about this one J S Bach Air on G String, doesn't involve high finger postion? see if u like it or not
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: