Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help identifying a violin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cohmian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Need help identifying a violin Reply with quote

Hi, i'm new to this forum, so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong area. i was just wondering if anyone has ever seen a violin like this...

Acrylic - one of two made by the same person (the other is identical except its blue)
Acoustic - not electric
made sometime between 1950 and 1960 (to the best of my knowledge)
red with a clear neck - tuners are red
the blue one was featured on the cover of a solo violin artists album back in the late fifties or early sixties. I'm sorry, I don't know the name of the album, or the artist.

im having trouble posting pics from my desktop. Please email and I will send pics to you.

or if someone out there can tell me how to attach pic, I will add in another post.

Thanks.
Shirley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cohmian ~ You certainly know how to start a person on a web search! What an interesting violin you have!

Most of the clues I've found lead to sites that my computer does not trust, although they may be perfectly OK.

On a fiddle board, one poster commented that a man by the name of T. Barrett used to make acrylic violins, which I believe were acoustic, and the other leads did not go anywhere. I'm supposing your have done done all the same research.

There are a lot of acrylic electric violins, which I didn't know, so i have at least learned something from all this. I hope you have, or will, found out more about your interesting violin!

Good luck. Shirley
cohmian

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the look... I will look into the name you mentioned. If you would like to see it, tell me how to post pics and I will post them for you Very Happy

Thanks
Don
Shirley

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don - I hope someone here tells you how to load the photos - I'd love to see the violin. (I'm not any help with this!)

I'm glad you returned to this thread to let us know that you are still on the trail. A good picture would be helpful to those who might know.

Good luck! Shirley
cohmian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I wish someone could help me with that too. I still have not found any info on the violin. Hopefully someone out there has some info for me somewhere. I'll just keep trying to research until I can find out more...
Leucippus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the photos of cohmian's violin

Shirley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leu - thanks so much for posting Cohmian's pictures! Maybe these will spark some recollections among viewers. Even if not, what an interesting fiddle!!

Shirley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Musician's Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: