Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index Violin Forum/Message Board
Provided by Violin Vision

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Franz Kinberg Violin made in Chicago 1964

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenAge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Franz Kinberg Violin made in Chicago 1964 Reply with quote

Genuine 4/4 Full Size Violin made in Chicago 1964 by American luthier Franz Kinberg.
Signed and certified.
First-rate workmanship and tonal quality. In excellent condition.

Hello, everyone.
I have joined this site with my father, a retired violinist.
For a person of his great age, the idea of a message board in cyber space is fantastic to him...

My dad was born in 1907. ('Exclamation')

Recently, on another site, we saw a discussion about the relative rarity of
Franz Kinberg violins. We are offering my dad's violin for sale.

My father was a good friend of Franz Kinberg and used to try his violins for him at his shop in Chicago.
When Kinberg made this model he told my dad that he considered it his best work.

At the time of purchase of the Kinberg, in 1964, my father had already been a professional violinist for over 40 years!

With the Kinberg violin he continued working with many orchestras and ensembles, with Georg Solti, Leonard Bernstein,
Carlo Maria Giulini, Seiji Ozawa, Bruno Bartoletti, Walter Hendl, Irwin Hoffman and many more...

This fiddle has traveled and worked.

Several luthiers have appraised the violin, and all of them found it to be in wonderful condition.
Pictures and certificates are available upon request.

Thank you!
GoldenAge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Kinberg Violin for Sale Reply with quote

Here I am, posting a reply to my own subject...
I just wanted to update the offer of this wonderful violin and to add some photos.

My father passed away very recently (at age 102) which makes it even more difficult for me to sell the violin, but I must.
This is an instrument full of memories that was the pride and joy of my father and of Kinberg himself.
As I think I explained before, this violin *worked* which explains the spot of worn-off varnish, easily restorable! Otherwise, the fiddle needs no adjustments.

Anyone wanting more info can message me.
Thank you, all.

kurtdaniel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still available? this is such a good looking violin.. maybe i can use it for my violin music lessons..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Violin Forum/Message Board Forum Index -> Violin Classifieds All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: